Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Young and the Life Experienced

We've had some birthdays to celebrate!  My wonderful Grandma Watanabe turned 94!  She is such an amazing woman.  I hope that one day I can be even 1/2 the woman she is.  She's still out in her garden, planting her beans, squash, and strawberries (the sweetest in the world).  She's lived through so many life experiences it's pretty wonderful to have her around.  She loves her family so much and we love her right back.  I can't imagine my life without her.  I hope we can live in such a way that will make her proud.






Next up we have our fabulous Alia!  Alia turned 6, can you believe that?  She used to be my little baby girl.  But she's 3/4 as tall as me now.  She's beautiful and full of life and fun.  She's a wonderful up and coming artist.  Some of my favorite drawings of hers have been a pirate ghost (which I still have) and a picture of her and Mel snorkeling.  She has a great laugh and smile.  Although she's been dealt that same crummy hand of Asthma that I was, she has been a trooper and certainly doesn't give it a second thought.  She has been a constant source of joy in my life and if I ever need a pick me up I just go see her and Mel.  I am so grateful for them.



Now (I'm grinning as I think of Mr. H) Harrison!  He just turned 3.  What a bundle of energy and excitement!  Em was spot on when she referred to him as the whirling dervish.  I've never met a boy so funny, excited, smart, and loud.  Right now he loves everything about Buzz Lightyear.  I found a Buzz costume for his birthday - now that was a site!  He too is a constant source of joy for me (as is Mel but I'll do a tribute to her on her birthday).  We so love our Mr. H.  He's very particular and he sleeps in a tent that has to have all the right blankets, toys, and pillows.  At about 18 months old he figured out how to take the screws out of his crib and today he can repeat back to you several of his favorite books.  Grandma Watanabe thinks he could be the president one day :)



I LOVE MY FAMILY!

No comments: